HONEYMOON DESTINATION: TURKS AND CAICOS- the perfect beach destination
If you are looking for a luxury honeymoon destination with powder white sandy beaches, luxury hotels, incredible turquoise seas, and fabulous diving, then Turks and Caicos might be your most ideal honeymoon location. We offer expert planning and package deals for this island, and our rates are always lower than booking direct. Check out our Turks and Caicos Honeymoon resorts and honeymoon ideas on this page.
Honeymoons are worry free when you book with the experts at Unforgettable Honeymoons, in business since 1994, we are the leaders in our industry an CNNMoney.com has featured our advice many times!
UNFORGETTABLE HONEYMOONS OFFERS TOP END TURKS AND CAICOS RESORTS
Top end Turks and Caicos Honeymoon hideaways such as Grace Bay Club, Parrot Cay, The Regent, all of them fabulous luxury Turks and Caicos luxury resorts. Our rates are always lower than booking direct, and you don't have to pay in full at time of booking.CNNMoney asks Unforgettable Honeymoons Expert Renee Duane Meyer for her Turks and Caicos all inclusive Honeymoon Advice- Unforgettable Honeymoons, the experts since 1994
Turks and Caicos : white sand like you've never seen before !
The beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands are situated 575 miles southeast of Miami and 39 miles south east of Mayaguana in the Bahamas. Covering 193 square miles of the Atlantic ocean, Turks and Caicos Islands has one of the longest coral reefs in the world, making it a premier diving destination.
One of the most valuable possessions of the islands are the white sandy beaches, which in total cover 230 miles and are complimented with crystal clear waters. The islands are relatively flat but depending on the island, the terrain can vary from sand dunes to lush green vegetation. There are eight major islands: Salt Cay, Grand Turk, South Caicos, East Caicos, Middle Caicos, North Caicos, Providenciales and West Caicos. The people on the islands are known for their friendliness. East Caicos and West Caicos are uninhabited.
TURKS AND CAICOS: AWARDED #2 TOP CARIBBEAN ISLAND
The destination was recently voted #3 Top Caribbean Island by Trip Advisor in the Travelers’ Choice Awards 2013.
This island group consists of 40 islands and cays! The Turks and Caicos islands are located 550 miles southeast of Miami right below the Bahamas and east of Cuba and the island of Hispaniola (Dominican Republic and Haiti.)
Language - English
Currency - The US dollar is the official currency of Turks and Caicos. Most hotels, restaurants and taxi services accept traveler’s cheques, which can be cashed at local banks. Most credit cards are accepted and banks offer ATM's as well as cash advances on credit cards.
Time Zone - Eastern Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time is observed from April to October.
Electricity - 110 volt/60 cycle, suitable for U.S. appliances.
Climate - The average temperature ranges between 85 and 90 degrees (29-32 degrees celsius) from June to October, sometimes reaching the mid 90's (35 degrees celsius), especially in the late summer months. From November to May the average temperature is 80 to 84 degrees (27-29 degrees celsius). Water temperature in the summer is 82 to 84 degrees (28-29 degrees celsius) and in winter about 74 to 78 degrees (23-26 degrees celsius). A constant trade wind keeps the climate at a very comfortable level.
There is an annual rainfall of 21 inches on Grand Turk and South Caicos, but as you go further west the average rainfall could increase to 40 inches. In an average year the Turks and Caicos has 350 days of sunshine.
Clothing - casual tropical is standard Shorts are worn in town as well as the beach during the day, In the evenings, light sweaters and jackets may be occasionally needed in the winter. Dinner is usually not formal, most restaurants accept dress shorts while others require pants with a collared shirt for gentlemen and dress slacks or dresses for the ladies.
Providenciales is the most well known of the Turks and Caicos Islands and is the center of the tourism industry - while, Grand Turk and Salt Cay offer a glimpse into Caribbean history with great Bermudian architecture and a rustic charm as well as some of the best diving and probably the most "relaxing" time you will ever have. Grand Turk is also home to a brand new cruise ship center.
Middle Caicos and North Caicos with lush green woodlands, the biggest cave network in the Caribbean on Middle Caicos, cottage pond and flamingo pond in North Caicos and a vast range of plant life and birdlife. North Caicos is also an up and coming resort destination
South Caicos is the center for fishing, with lobster and conch exported from the islands, the historic Cockburn harbor and the natural phenomenon of the boiling hole.
Parrot Cay and Pine Cay are privately owned islands and are home to the most exclusive resorts Parrot Cay Resort and Spa and the Meridian Club.
1. Personal over the phone honeymoon planning- no fee upfront to plan with an expert who has personally traveled to the locations on our web site! ( most online booking engines don’t offer personal assistance)
2. Same Agent Every Time- you don’t have to worry about calling and beginning all over again with someone that does not know you!
3. Competitive pricing, payment plans, smaller down payments to book ( most online booking engines require FULL payment at time of booking)
4. Honeymoon Registry- your guests can pay for your honeymoon!
5. Work with same agent throughout the honeymoon planning process ( most companies you talk to someone different every time you call and have to start over again and again)
6. Exclusive Offers that you cannot get anywhere else (special extras for some properties you won’t get anywhere else!)
7. 24/7 emergency after hour service ( if something is not right, or you miss a flight, you can call or email us, and you are NOT calling India! You will speak to someone who is familiar with your trip)
8. VIP relationships: our 16 year relationships with most resorts and hotels are of great benefit to you, they value our support, and you are a valued guest upon arrival. ( and you’ll have a better chance of upgrades and VIP exclusive added values)
9. Military Discounts: please ask!
Unforgettable Honeymoons: how we work:
1. We can assist you by email, but often we work quickest and best by phone, where we can personally connect with you, listen to your needs and desires and then suggest the best options! We are a small office, a boutique agency that has been in business since 1994
2. Once we obtain more information from you, we can help pin point the best options, and then provide prices and itineraries.
3. We can begin the process via email, however, we do not book anything online, and will require that you call us, or we can call you.
4. We guarantee the best possible rates, and can usually match most advertised rates out there as long as they are apples to apples
5. Travel Insurance, Payment Plans, Military discounts, and Honeymoon registry are all available.
6. We are open 10-6pm Monday through Friday and we are on the west coast- Pacific time. We do monitor emails and calls over the weekend for urgent matters!
7. We are retail agency, located in Oregon, and have a physical office inside a renovated Victorian House 11 blocks from the Willamette River, in SE Portland. We are Iatan endorsed www.iatan.org and A+ with BBB.
YOUR HONEYMOON IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME TRIP – TRUST THE EXPERTS FOR THIS ONE.
We do specialize in helping you pin point the best resorts, and the reason we can do this so well, and better than most, is because our expert agents who work by email + phone to help you have personally traveled to most of the destinations and resorts on our web site, and can share invaluable firsthand knowledge and information which you need to make sure you have made the right decision! We also have 24/7 after hours care, and fabulous personal relationships with the owners and managers of most of the resorts on our web site, which greatly benefits our clients. Our rates are always lower than booking direct, so you save time and money when you trust the experts with your dream honeymoon plans! CALL US TO START (888) 343 -6413
HONEYMOON PACKAGES IN TURKS & CAICOS: Call us toll free (888)343-6413